Friday, August 7, 2009

///WrappingItUp///




Its my last day of work. In thirty minutes I will officially be no longer an employee of Saatchi & Saatchi, only an unemployed wanderer who is left to figure out where this road leads him .Well, who am I kidding I'm trying to figure out which road gets me fastest to the nearest club tonight! But my coworkers are sad to see me go which is a good feeling because I consider them good friends after these 5 weeks and I'm glad to see they feel the same. Plus, as evidence to prove their emotional bleeding I have a huge yellow shirt in my posession now that reads "I REP GHANA", its extremely official.I learned a lot of great things here and I think it will definitely stand out on my resume and set me apart, especially in this shit job market.
So last weekedn we cruised to the Volta region which is as far east as you can go without hitting Togo. It was a quick trip but we go to go to the Wli(pronounced valee) waterfalls, which is the biggest waterfall in Africa. This picture doesnt depict the bottom well but there is a huge pool of water where everyone swims and you can stand under the waterfall as it drills you. It is about a 45 minute walk both ways in a place that looks like you're walking through Jurassic Park. Nonetheless it was legit. The next day we went to the monkey sanctuary where we got to feed the monkeys bananas, then they would peel them in our hands and eat them it was hilarious/really cool.
Anyways, I have one last weekend to take in Ghana and then I am headed to South Africa with my friend Kaleigh fro two weeks. We will be staying in Johannesburg for a couple days then Durban, then Cape Coast. I can't wait, it should be fantastic. Talk soon my friends, miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment